Welcome to Read. Explore. Learn! This meme was designed to be a place for you to share the learning opportunities, crafts, field trips, and other activities you have done this week that tie-in to children’s books. I look forward to seeing ways you have learned with and explored books.
- Link your activity below.
- Please place the Read.Explore.Learn. badge on your post or create a link back to this meme.
- Please try to visit at least three of the other people that have placed links below and leave a comment. I will visit each of you and leave a kind comment.
- If you are not linking up an activity and are just visiting, please try to stop by a few of the links below.
My Book Tie-Ins of the Week:
- This week has been panda-monium at our house and on the blog. The blog was featured on SITS on Monday. What an honor! I hosted my first live chat on Wednesday. JDaniel has been working on wearing big boy pants. He has been about 80% accident free for a week. It has been a lot of work for all of us. We delivered our baby mom gift to Bethany Services and put together a special package to send to a blogging buddy.
All of the above as accomplished plus the regular everyday events of our lives. The Beckett, the panda in this book is out to do just one thing. He is trying to find a snack. His tummy in rumbling and he sets out to find some bamboo.
While he marches down the road to search for bamboo, he sings a song about his search. That lures other pandas from what they are doing to follow him. More and more pandas join his search unbeknownst to him. They roll down hills to join him, skip after him, march behind him, leap, and come out of hiding.
When he finds a tree, all the pandas try to join him in it and the branch breaks. Only then Beckett realizes he has been joined by other pandas in groups of two, three, four, and five. Falling pandas creates a panda-monium.
Beckett bounces down a hill and away from the panda-monium and end up in a thicket of bamboo all alone.
Where did the other pandas go? He never knew.
What did we do?
I made list of movement words from the book for JDaniel to act out himself and with his animals.